Lasswade Gymnastics Club are fully committed to protecting your privacy. We collect and process personal information about you in accordance with the GDPR Data Protection Regulations May 2018.
What information do we collect?
1 When you make an enquiry
Gymnast Information and parent/carer personal contact details are collected when your make an enquiry. When you send your details to Lasswade Gymnastics Club we will store the information you submit. We will never collect sensitive information about you (or your child) without your consent.
How do Lasswade Gymnastics Club use my information?
We only collect relevant information about you to enable us to process your enquiry as a legitimate interest. We never pass any personal information to any third parties and information is stored securely and only shared with necessary staff within our club. Should you opt not to join our club we will delete all information within 1 month.
2 When you/your child becomes a participant of Lasswade Gymnastics Club
Gymnast information, parent/carer personal contact details, relevant medical details, and session details are stored in a database. No personal financial information is held as all payments are made via Standing order removing the need to record personal banking details.
Why do we need this information?
We need to collect our participants personal information and parent/carers contact details so that we can manage the membership process and ensure the safety of your child. This information is collected and stored by Lasswade Gymnastics Club as a Legitimate Interest and in the case of medical details these are held as a Critical Interest. We will use this information to:
- Provide you with initial participants information, details of your child’s sessions, schedules and payments.
- Send you communications in relation to essential services including but not limited to, class changes, class updates, latest news, up and coming events, competitions and changes to fees.
- Respond and communicate with you regarding questions, comments, support needs or investigate concerns raised in line with our grievance and disciplinary policies.
- Contact you to discuss progress, plans for gymnast development or inform you of any issues or concerns.
We may also process our participants personal information in pursuit of legitimate interests to:
- Encourage participation in Gymnastics and celebrate success within Lasswade Gymnastics Club. Gymnasts may be photographed or videos taken of them during events and training and these images may be used on our club social media pages or in local press articles for promotional, developmental or educational purposes. Please note that full names will never be used on our social media posts and you have the right to decline the use of your child’s images on social media and or local press releases (see opt out below). In some instances, personal information may be used in publicity (e.g. local paper) and we would ask for additional, express permission for this prior to publication.
- Monitor and develop Lasswade Gymnastics Club by sending online surveys to evaluate certain aspects of our club with a view to continual improvements.
- Claim Gift Aid on a proportion of your fees (separate consent will be sought for this).
We only retain relevant information about you and we never pass any personal information to any third parties without your consent. Information is stored securely and only shared with necessary staff within our club. You have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you at any time and we require you to inform us if any of your details may have changed as soon as possible.
3. When you become an employee, club official or volunteer of Lasswade Gymnastics Club:
Personal contact details, relevant medical information and where appropriate financial bank account information for Employees/Club Officials/Volunteers will be held for legitimate Interest reasons in the pursuit of managing the club. Sensitive information such as your PVG number is held as a legal obligation.
Why do we need this information?
We will need to collect your personal information to communicate with you regarding employment or volunteering matters, to make employment payments and to manage your ongoing development. Employment records will be held securely in a locked filing cabinet in the Club Office and only available to relevant Club Management.
- We will also need to collect sensitive personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences via a PVG Check under the protection of vulnerable groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG number, date of issue and any relevant information relating to your membership of the PVG scheme. These details will also be shared with our governing body Scottish Gymnastics.
- We will hold details on all qualifications achieved to aid with development planning and performance management. Performance Management (Appraisal) documents will also be stored.
- We will hold details on any disciplinary or grievance activity for the require legal duration as defined in the Lasswade Gymnastics Club Policy.
- Financial bank details and Tax information will be held to enable payment of necessary salaries and maintain HMRC Records.
We only retain relevant information about you and we never pass any personal information to any third parties without your prior knowledge and consent. Information is stored securely and only shared with necessary staff within our club. You have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you at any time and we require you to inform us if any of your details may have changed as soon as possible.
Where we are processing your personal information for our legitimate interests you have the right to object to us using your information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above purposes please email email@example.com If we agree to comply with your request this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member of Lasswade GC.
*Please note that you have the right to decline the use of images and or video footage of your child in social media and/or publicity at any time and all new participants will receive the option to opt out upon registration.
Who do we Share Information with?
We may be required to share personal information with Statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include The Health and Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland for purposes of Safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our legal and financial advisors for the purpose of seeking advice.
Lasswade Gymnastics Club employs third party suppliers to provide services including accountancy and payroll and these suppliers may process personal information on our behalf and are subject to written contractual conditions to process that information under our instructions and to protect it under GDPR regulations.
We only share personal information strictly required for the specific purposes needed by the third party and take all reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients process the disclosed personal information with those purposes.
Storage of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing systems on Password Protected Club Laptops. Paper is stored in a locked office with sensitive information filed in a locked cabinet within.
Participants Personal Data is only kept as long as it is necessary and will be deleted after 1 year of leaving the club. We will retain certain personal information for a longer period for a specific purpose (e.g Gift Aid which requires us to retain records for any future audit purposes).
You may exercise any of the following rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
- If you believe that any of your information is inaccurate or complete you have the right to ask us to update this.
- You have the right to ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes.
- If you wish us to delete your personal information you may request that we do so.
Any requested submitted to Lasswade Gymnastics Club will be considered under the data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied at our response you have the right to raise a complaint at the Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk