LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB POLICY STATEMENT
Lasswade GC is committed to exemplary standards of conduct through the principals of equity and good moral and ethical frameworks. The club will encourage individuals from all communities to become involved at all levels of participation, coaching, officiating and management.
The club will ensure that all members of staff adhere to the following equity principals
- All persons must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being.
- All individuals must be treated fairly and equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion, political persuasion or disability.
- Equity must permeate throughout strategic and development plans.
- An equal and professional service will be provided for all participants and discrimination through race, gender or disability will not be tolerated.
- Sexual and racial harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Lasswade GC recognises the duty it has under the health and safety acts and regulations to ensure the safety, health and well being of gymnasts, coaches, officials and helpers when they are involved in club activities. In particular it recognises its responsibilities to:
- Provide a safe and healthy training and competition environment for gymnasts and coaches through assessing the risks associated with participation and controlling them to ensure they are minimised.
- Ensure that adequate arrangements are in place in the event of an accident, fire or other incident.
- Ensure that coaches and helpers have the appropriate gymnastics coach training.
- Keep our arrangements under review and introduce additional measures considered necessary and practical in relation to the operation of the club business.
LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
Lasswade GC is committed to ensuring that those working with children and adults adopt the best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants and staff.
The club will promote the highest standards of care for all members, staff and officials by:
- The adoption of Scottish Gymnastics Health, Safety and Welfare Guidelines.
- The adoption of Scottish Gymnastics Guidelines for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- The appointment of a Welfare Officer (Child Protection C0-ordinator)
- Ensuring that staff are suitably trained in child protection and heath, safety and welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children. Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau disclosure.
- Ensuring that the best coaching practice guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions and events.
- Having a low tolerance level to poor practice, bulling or any potential form of abuse.