Lasswade Gymnastics Club is fully committed to safety and wellbeing of all its gymnasts. It is imperative that gymnasts, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents associated with the club show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Our gymnasts and parents are encouraged to engage in open dialogue and to share any concerns they may have about any aspect of the club with their discipline Lead Coach, or the Child Protection Officer if appropriate.
As an affiliated club of Scottish Gymnastics, the national governing body for gymnastics in Scotland, we abide by their policies and procedures related to child protection, including codes of conduct which we have summarised below. As a member of Lasswade GC you are expected to abide by the following club codes of conduct at all times :
LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB CODE OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES, OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS.
Lasswade GC promotes good ethical conduct for all who are affiliated to the club and recognises that the reputation and development of the club depends upon a mutual partnership between coaches, officials, parents and volunteers. To enable this Coaches, Officials and Volunteers should:
1. Follow all guidelines laid down by Scottish Gymnastics and the Club.
2. Consider the safety and wellbeing of participants before the development of performance.
3. Develop an appropriate working relationship with gymnasts and parents based on mutual trust and respect.
4. Ensure that all activities are appropriate to age, ability and experience of those taking part.
5. Promote the positive aspects of the sport by recognising good performance and not just results. Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all. Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
6. Display consistently high standards of behavior, language and appearance and set a good example for gymnasts to follow.
7. Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
8. Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants and parents based on mutual trust and respect
9. Display consistently high standards of behaviour, language and appearance
10. Never condone rule breaking from gymnasts, coaches, parents or volunteers and report/raise issues promptly.
11. Encourage gymnasts to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
12. Be aware of and follow the procedures for recording and reporting incidents/accidents.
13. Be aware of the Health and Safety Procedures in your training facility. Always use the equipment and facilities according to appropriate guidelines.
14. Treat all training environments and equipment with respect and ensure that the facility is left tidy with all equipment in its correct location.
15. Mobile phones and other electrical equipment not being used for the coaching purposes should be switched off in the gym.
16. Wear suitable attire for training and events and long hair should be tied back with all jewellery removed.
17. Never be under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance during training sessions, events and competitions.
LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB CODE OF CONDUCT FOR GYMNASTS
The conduct and behaviour of our gymnasts is critical to their ongoing individual development and the development of our club as a whole. All Gymnasts should:
1. Participate within the rules and respect the coaches, officials and their decisions.
2. Show respect and dignity to all fellow club members and opponents.
3. Arrive at the agreed times for training and competitions and inform their coach if they are going to be late.
4. Wear suitable attire for training, competitions and events as agreed with the Lead Coach. Long hair should be tied back and all jewellery must be removed.
5. Treat all training environments and equipment with respect and tidy away all hand equipment after their use.
6. Ensure that Mobile phones and other electronic equipment should be switched off during training.
7. Not leave the training area without the consent of their coach and must remain with the coaches at the end of sessions until collected and signed out by their parent or guardian.
LASSWADE GYMNASTICS CLUB CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
Lasswade GC promotes good ethical conduct for all who are affiliated to the club and recognises that the reputation and development of the club depends upon a mutual partnership between coaches, officials, parents and volunteers. To enable this, parents should:
1. Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them. Discourage inappropriate behaviour, including disrespectful behaviour towards coaches and officials.
2. Help your child to recognise good performance and not just results. Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all. Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
3. Never force your child to take part in sport. Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport while recognising the importance of perseverance during tough training phases or when they are finding progression challenging.
4. Encourage and guide your child to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
5. Endeavour to establish good open communications with the club, coaches and officials for the benefit of all. Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club through the approved channels.
6. Develop an appropriate working relationship with coaches and officials based on mutual trust and respect. Publicly accept coaches and officials judgements and show respect for their area of expertise.
7. When seeking to discuss your child’s progress or raise a concern please allow your coach to do so at a mutually agreed time and respect their working times. Personal social media channels should not be used to contact your coach for progress updates or to raise concerns.
8. Act in a respectful manner and use correct and proper language at all times within both training and competition environments.
9. Ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the sport and has plenty to drink.
10. Ensure your child arrives at training and competitions on time and where appropriate keep the club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions (this is not necessary for children attending our General Recreational classes unless the absence is longer term).
11. Collect your child promptly at the end of each session and remember to sign them out.
12. Ensure payments for fees, competitions and other costs are paid to the club promptly without the need for additional administration in chasing payments. Note payment of fees should be made by Standing Order only.
13. Inform the club of any changes in contact details, especially emergency contact information or changes to medical information.
14. If you are able, become involved in the club as a volunteer as your assistance would be gratefully received.